BloomReach brings businesses the first open and intelligent Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to build customer experience ecosystems which accelerate the path to conversion, increase revenue, and grow customer loyalty. We are a growing company - with offices in Mountain View, Bangalore, New York, Dallas, London and Amsterdam.
With our global network of Certified Partners, we serve a growing number of enterprise customers, such as Neiman Marcus, Bell Aliant, Staples, 1&1 Internet, Williams-Sonoma, Provinzial, Wayfair, REI, the University of Maryland and FC Bayern München. BloomReach is backed by investment firms Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, NEA, Salesforce Ventures and Lightspeed Ventures.
Engineering at BloomReach is an opportunity to solve complex Engineering problems by creating and redefining a scalable, data driven, intelligent platform for Digital Experience.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Search and Merchandising in Bangalore, you’ll have the opportunity to define, implement, manage and deliver systems that operate at the intersection of “intelligent” content and commerce Bloomreach platform processes 2 billion API calls per month catering to 300 + commerce customers across multiple regions - Europe and U.S. with an uptime of over 99.99% empowering merchandisers to build intelligent digital experiences across their channel . You will be working on a API first multi tenanted Saas solution targeting Commerce and Finserve industry
What you will do :
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business Goals of your scope of deliverables
- Have the opportunity to define, implement, manage and deliver systems that maintain BloomReach Platform
- Lead multiple small, agile teams of high performing engineers with a diversity of experience backgrounds and locations
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment while contributing to business goals and product strategies
- Partner with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management,and enable them by owning the integrity of scalable and high quality technology solutions
- Ability to manage and influence remote teams to ensure a consistently awesome experience across platforms and products.
- Create a culture of Engineering Excellence and execution across location ensuring development and adoption of best practices in technical design implementation, and code optimisation
- Help attract, select and hire best in class talent and help retain top performing talent by creating clear career paths and technical mentorship
- Ensure compliance with security practices/guidelines, and relevant technology standards
What you will need :
- B.E./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in leading technical teams in systems/databases or large scale distributed/infrastructure systems in production.
- Capable of sitting down with engineers to constructively review designs and debug live production issues.
- 3+ years of experience in managing direct reports and their careers
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture and design skills in building large scale internet applications.
- Comfortable in designing big data technology solutions using Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra and MySQL
- 10+ years of programming experience in Java, Python with strong knowledge of web technologies like HTTP, Tomcat or Django, networking, and web performance engineering.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritisation, time management abilities and focus on execution.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
Engineering Blog Link:
- How Bloomreach built a monolithic API
- Developer Talk - Corwin on Containers
- Introducing Identity and Access Management for Bloomreach personalization
If this is you and you can prove it – we’re interested in talking with you to join us as one of BloomReach’s Engineering Leaders