BloomReach brings businesses the first open and intelligent Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to build customer experience ecosystems which accelerate the path to conversion, increase revenue, and grow customer loyalty. We are a growing company - with offices in Mountain View, Bangalore, New York, Dallas, London and Amsterdam.
With our global network of Certified Partners, we serve a growing number of enterprise customers, such as Neiman Marcus, Bell Aliant, Staples, 1&1 Internet, Williams-Sonoma, Provinzial, Wayfair, REI, the University of Maryland and FC Bayern München. BloomReach is backed by investment firms Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, NEA, Salesforce Ventures and Lightspeed Ventures.
Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the Bangalore team. BloomReach Commerce Search, our search and personalization product, was built and is shipped out of our Bangalore office.
What our Backend Engineers have done :
Backend Engineers at BloomReach are rock-star developers who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components.
- BloomReach Product Search - industry leading ecommerce domain search engine. It is self-learning, has semantic understanding capabilities and offers advanced personalization features.
- Distributed and highly scalable content indexing system which caters to some of the largest e-commerce retailers in the world.
- Massively parallel crawler and parser that is able to crawl and index 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day).
- High throughput nosql database and search systems which scale for billions of interactions and millions of products. (You need this when you serve over 20% of e-commerce users in U.S.!)
- Real-time autocomplete system which provide suggestions faster than the blink of an eye (No, really!).
- Distributed, highly scalable and robust configuration management system which acts a central repository for all BloomReach products (Because every merchant is different!).
- Suite of automated deployment tools which enable single click E2E testing, and multi-system deployment (So everyone else can just worry about code!)
- Filed multiple patents in areas such as search algorithms, systems and SEO.
- Contributor to the Open Source community, be it through code, or community events, or even regular meetups held at our office (We're also the official venue sponsor for the Bangalore Deep learning meetup).
We are looking for an on-site engineer on contract basis. He/She will be part of the Site Reliability Team, responsible for the following:
- On-going Product support
- Identifying and developing tools to enable/assist partner teams
- Feature development (maybe later)
The desired profile is :
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience building software solutions.
- Good in backend first languages, such as C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of web technologies, HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking, and web performance engineering
- Experience with map-reduce or large-scale data processing (e.g Hadoop), Linux serving systems, and MySQL a plus