Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
The Government Innovation programs build the capacity of local governments to solve problems effectively. Its initiatives – ranging from large-scale international innovation competitions to domestic efforts that help mayors hone their management skills and better use data in decision-making – equip local leaders with practical tools and approaches they can use to address local challenges. Our team strives to be collegial and collaborative with an orientation toward learning at the individual, group, and portfolio levels. We are energized to advance our mission, while also working to ensure team members have full and balanced lives and opportunities for growth.
As Cities Content Manager, you’ll be responsible for engaging program teams across Bloomberg Philanthropies around city successes and ideas to spread and elevate impact through bespoke content such as Bloomberg Cities Network, SPARK newsletter, and Bloomberg CityLab. You’ll support the coordination of reports and impact stories from across Government Innovation’s diverse partners, highlighting wins and replicating successes. Additionally, you will support speechwriting, internal and external presentations, and speaking engagements for the program lead.
- Government Innovation documentation and storytelling. Coordinating with internal partners and our external storytelling unit to source new and compelling stories of impact that represent the best of Bloomberg Philanthropies’ city-based work.
- Board and event preparation: Conducting research, developing and editing remarks, and preparing with speakers. Coordinating across teams to acquire timely and relevant details to inform remarks and supporting materials.
- Core speeches. Drafting, refining, and coordinating external speeches and speaking engagements that present the core principles of our work. Converting these speeches into op-eds that can be used on owned blogs or pitched by our earned media partners to the press.
- Multi-Media Content: Maintaining the calendar and production of multi-media content that includes podcasts (6 per year) and videos (4–6 per year).
- At least 3 years of relevant, full-time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or related field; direct experience in local government preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Strong capacity to identify and elevate critical information and produce synthesis for colleagues.
- Passion for public sector innovation and familiarity with urban issues.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and a proven track record of delivering high-quality results.
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.