Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support the IT department provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, high impact environment regardless of where they are working from. We are a close-knit, hardworking team who places a high value on providing quality customer service and develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide, and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
As a Desktop Engineer, you will drive innovation, evaluate and implement new technologies, manage advanced tools and serve as an escalation point in support of our software, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and basic network.
You will be critical to helping to keep our organization at the cutting edge of technology, facilitating security and ensuring our users get timely resolutions to a wide array of technical issues. We will rely on you to consistently deliver on the IT department's service promise and be a good steward of our department brand.
In this exciting and challenging position, you'll be immersed in best-in-class enterprise technology. This is a great opportunity to expand your technical skills and grow into your next role within the organization. You’ll help guide our IT future and enable us to meet operational goals.
This is an in-office role located in our New York City headquarters.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle Projects/Automation/Configuration
- Design and implement projects independently
- Oversee desktop and laptop lifecycle management; choose refresh technology.
- Guide desktop engineering standards
- Group Policy management and Active Directory maintenance
- Develop new projects and drive automation to improve end user experiences
- automating new hire accounts, accesses, distros and software licensing
- Run our collaboration platform
- Own and optimize our cloud collaboration platform; drive improvements and determine training protocols
- Control MDM
- Oversee our MDM system and help set best practices for deployments and device refreshes.
- Collaborate on Security Controls/Monitoring/Remediation
- Working closely with our CISO
- take responsibility for security of user endpoints to meet our current standards
- improve security and suggest new tools
- Tier 3 Escalation for End User Support
- Provide Tier3 end user support as a point of escalation for the Senior Desktop Support team
- Formulate workflows enabling our users to best leverage our technology stack
- Assist senior management with advanced maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Working closely with our CISO
Core Experience and Certifications:
- 6+ years of IT knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience and/or training in desktop engineering and administration (Windows)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
- Experience using desktop management tools (i.e. SCCM, WSUS, LanDesk, etc.)
- Experience with Group Policy, Active Directory, Azure management
- Experience providing Tier 2/3 support
- Experience with desktop security initiatives
- Additional industry certifications such as: Microsoft 365/MD-100/MD-101; JAMF 200; CompTIA Network+ / Cisco CCNA
We’d Love to See:
- Experience working in dynamic, impact orientated environments
- Confidence to ask pertinent questions to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond specific tasks.
- Track record in creating documentation and knowledge base articles
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to independently coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on quality and project follow-through
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, pro-active and customer service oriented
- Excellent social skills; especially when multi-tasking and under tight deadlines
- Superb oral and written communications
- Curiosity for problem solving through data, analytics and new technologies
- A great teammate who can also work independently
- Your passion and continued learning about technology
- Flexibility and ability to learn and develop new skills on the job.
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.