Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
The Environment Portfolio
Our Environment program brings together a wide range of partners, including cities, businesses, public health and environmental advocates, and citizen’s groups, to address some of the most serious threats to our environment, including climate change and protecting our world’s ocean.
Bloomberg Philanthropies drives measurable, local action on climate and sustainability through our programs including Sustainable Cities, Beyond Carbon, Global Coal and Air Pollution, Vibrant Oceans Initiative, Sustainable Finance, and through Mike Bloomberg’s unique roles as the UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Climate Ambition and Solutions and Chair of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
The Environment Program is seeking a new Team Coordinator. The successful candidate will ensure that the Environment team is operating at the highest level, through enabling accurate information sharing, smooth workflow and follow through. The ideal candidate will have a passion for environmental issues, interest in philanthropy and a commitment to the Bloomberg Philanthropies vision of creating better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. S/he must be a team player who can manage multiple priorities, work with many stakeholders, and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Provide day-to-day support to Environment Team Program Lead and for priority initiatives as necessary
- Assist with major team projects as needed – demonstrating the ability to respond to priorities and resourcing needs as they shift over the lifecycle of our programs
- Manage calendar(s), including scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, anticipating needs and changing/rearranging meetings as appropriate
- Work closely with team Operations Lead to manage team reporting on metrics, briefings and other projects relating to the program’s various initiatives
- Track and ensure follow-up from meetings and events
- Ensure team projects are on schedule and deadlines are being met
- Prepare briefings, presentation materials, reports and analysis
- Field inquiries to appropriate team members, respond to employee and outside inquiries, and ensure timely response to urgent issues
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flights, ground transportation, hotels, etc.
- Support Environment Team events, including compiling invite lists, drafting correspondence, tracking attendance, and providing day-of assistance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced, high-performance work environment either through internships or full-time work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and impeccable accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively interface with senior level colleagues, both verbally and in writing
- Ability and desire to build and maintain strong relationships with team and applicable internal and external contacts
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with sound judgment
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, pro-active, and customer service oriented
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information of the organization
- Ability to perform and adapt under pressure
- Strong overall computer skills
- Proficient in MS Suite specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a Bloomberg Terminal is a plus
- Discretion and proven ability to deal with VIPs
- Interest in environmental issues, climate change, and/or international affairs is a plus
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.