Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Every year, millions of people around the world die from preventable causes. These causes of death, such as tobacco use, road traffic crashes, and obesity jeopardize the health and well-being of much of the world’s population, despite proven solutions to prevent them. Bloomberg Philanthropies’ public health program aims to combat these widespread health hazards by spreading proven solutions to protect more people and save more lives. Our Tobacco Control, Road Safety, and Obesity Prevention programs use effective strategies on the local and national levels to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide.
Our Public Health team is seeking a proactive and skilled researcher to support the team's extensive data needs across portfolio of programs including Data for Health and the Global Tobacco Control Program among others. In this role you will coordinate and provide oversight and feedback to our partners around data needs, collection, review, tracking, analysis and presentation.
We seek candidates who are detail oriented, earnest communicators, strategic, adaptive, curious, and have excellent judgment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead maintenance and expansion of program-specific data needs across public health team
- Serve as liaison to global tobacco control partners with work that focuses on data collection and analysis
- Contribute to analysis and presentation of data generated by partner organizations in the areas of road safety, drowning prevention, maternal and reproductive health, obesity prevention and polio as well as any new initiatives taken up
- Provide timely review and analysis of global public health literature related to public health team programs and dissemination to team, internally and to partners
- Handle critical reviews of Data for Health team partner reports for opportunities to strengthen work and increase cross-program linkages
- Creation of presentations, including innovative data visualization opportunities for information generated by the public health team investments
You'll need to have:
- Masters degree in epidemiology, public health or related field
- At least 4 years' of work experience in the field of public health, preferably in a global context
- Commitment, coupled with hands-on experiences, working in support of our Public Health team's programs and values.
- Track record of reviewing public health data and analysis, crafting data driven reports, memos and presentations; with a sharp eye for accuracy and detail and that can be interpreted by a wide audience, including non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working within partnerships and in diverse settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills showcasing a capacity to synthesize information and develop compelling narratives
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to independently coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on quality, follow-through and meeting tight deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills; including an ability to grasp key issues and make recommendations for improvements
- Confidence to ask pertinent questions to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond specific tasks
- Tenacity with a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Willingness to travel internationally
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.