Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support the IT department provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, high impact environment regardless of where they are working from. We are a close-knit, hardworking team who places a high value on providing quality customer service and develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide, and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
We are looking for a hands-on technical leader to lead our IT Service Desk Team. In this role you'll be responsible for leading our team of technical support experts who provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues for Bloomberg Philanthropies. As the Service Desk Team Leader, you'll use your people leadership skills, solid technical background combined to motivate your team to provide innovative and high-touch customer service.
As a Team Leader, we’ll trust you to:
- Be a player / coach for our team of Service Desk technicians who provide deskside and remote support
- Assist the team prioritize and respond to the diverse set of support tickets that come in on a daily basis
- Empower the team to work productively and efficiently. Lead process improvement efforts to improve efficiency and timeliness and identify where new processes need to be developed
- Support all desktop hardware (computers, monitors, printers, scanners, etc), mobile technology (laptops, phones, tablets, device enrollment in MDM), wireless service contracts, and end user software.
- Ensure security standards are met on end user equipment including that security software updates are installed in a timely manner.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on Help Desk progress, workload etc to department management
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement; tracking critical KPIs and Metrics, analyze performance of Help Desk activities and devise solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Ensuring proper collaboration among other technology teams and being a key point of contact for people to collaborate with the Help Desk.
- Coordinate team training planning to ensure that the entire team is building the needed skills to support the changing technology landscape
- Contribute to the effective running of the department, provide a point of escalation for our senior leaders, communicate closely with the management team to implement ideas to help the department drive improvements
- Continue to build team cohesion and best-in-class customer support culture; foster a positive and energetic high-performing team culture
Core Technical Experience You’ll Need To Have:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft O365
- Microsoft Desktop Support
- iOS device management
- Apple Mac and OSX Support
- Basic network technology knowledge (LAN/WAN and wireless)
- Active Directory and network account support proficiency;
- Security product experience
- Operating Systems and software enterprise roll-out experience
Other Experience You’ll Need To Have:
- 8+ years in progressive IT roles which should include leadership of a customer service orientated helpdesk / helpdesk operations supporting both Mac and Windows.
- Demonstrated people management, project management and change management skills
- Problem-solving approach with the ability to deal with ambiguity, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with confidence to interact with management and senior leaders
- Ability to quickly prioritize and take appropriate actions in handling escalated cases
- Flexibility and ability to learn and develop new skills on the job.
We’d Love To See:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.