Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
We are proud to create first class workplaces that our employees can be proud of coming into every day. Our spaces are not just a reflection of our dedication to minimize our environmental impact but also critical to encouraging productivity and collaboration facilitated by well-thought-out design.
We are seeking a proactive and creative Workplace Operations and Capital Projects Manager to join our Site Operations team. In this role you'll lead a broad spectrum of projects across our organizations including planning, construction, budgeting, local law compliance, project and risk management. Reporting directly to Operations leadership you'll work in partnership with leaders across a number of departments including facilities, office services, HR, IT, Legal, Security as well as providing oversight and leadership to various partners and external vendors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Management and Oversight – Each project will require success in the following areas:
- Setting project process, deadlines, goals and priorities
- Building and independently managing a project team including architects, engineers, permit expeditors, IT team, lighting designers and others
- Running the bid process, vendor background checks and vendor selection
- Managing and monitoring complex budgets which include multiple bids, change orders and bulletins
- Running weekly project meetings, tracking deliverables status, set expectations for follow-up, escalate and resolve issues as they come up
- Working with Legal team to expedite contracts and Finance for budget accountability and tracking
- Overseeing close-out and successful transition to the Facilities, Reception and Food Service teams for ongoing upkeep, maintenance and serviceability.
- Cross Functional Work –Building relationships across our organization to understand and communicate key initiatives and opportunities to incorporate it into a best-in-class office environment. Using your industry experience and knowledge to resolve recurring workplace and building issues and maintaining a trusted network of contacts.
- Executive-level summaries and communication – manage internal senior stakeholders, prepare executive-level presentations designed to convey an idea or concept. Presenting and soliciting various options and solutions and anticipate questions to help expedite approvals.
- Innovative Solutions - devising solutions to ensure a high-quality employee and/or guest experience when on-site at any of our offices, including embracing a diverse perspective when solving problems.
- Energy improvements – experience with NYC energy codes, building systems and set targets for upgrades and replacements to align with changing code requirements, prioritizing those with the greatest ROI.
Key Experience and Skills Required:
We seek candidates who are detail oriented, future thinking, strategic, adaptive, curious, and have excellent judgment as well as the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years of facilities and capital project management/leadership experience
- Professional background in Engineering, Site Operations, Workplace Operations or consulting. Experience with and understanding of the unique needs of small sites a plus
- Experience with state-of-the-art building systems including working with; electrical, BMS and HVAC Systems, Elevators, Kitchen/Pantry equipment, generators, UPS, fire command stations, cisterns, energy efficient building lighting systems, low voltage and IT data center/IT configurations
- Familiarity with finance, budget and invoice processes and Legal/contract considerations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; including an ability to recognize key issues and communicate them effectively to key stakeholders with recommendations
- Effective team organization skills; promoting collaboration and removing obstacles to improve team work
- Ability to assess, reprioritize and stay focused through long-term projects with multiple deliverables even when faced with set-backs
- Ability to follow set procedures already established by the organization and suggest diversions when appropriate
- Exceptional client service, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, open, positive, and comfortable working in open team-orientated environments.
- Accountability; operating with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Expectation for after hours and weekend work as necessary to complete projects with minimal impact to staff
- Ability to work with InDesign or other similar tools to manipulate building floorplans
- Expert level user on project management tools such as MS Project, Asana and others
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.