Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Bloomberg Associates (“BA”) is an international pro-bono consulting service founded by Michael R. Bloomberg, the 108th Mayor of New York City and Founder of Bloomberg LP. BA’s mission is to help city governments improve the quality of life of their citizens. Directed by a team of globally recognized experts and industry leaders, the consultancy works to improve urban environments by collaborating with cities to develop best practices, build consensus and foster key relationships. Through its guidance and mentorship, BA delivers actionable insights and plans to cities across nine (9) different focus areas: Cultural Assets Management, Communications & Internal Management, Economic Development, Media & Digital Strategies, Municipal Integrity, Social Services, Sustainability, Transportation and Urban Planning.
In order to facilitate dialogue, project management and programmatic execution between Bloomberg Associates and the City of Tampa, BA will hire a project manager to serve as a direct liaison between BA, the Mayor’s office and city agencies.
- Term: Six months, with the expectation to potentially extend
- Commitment: Approximately 20 hours per week, must be flexible
- Location: Tampa, Florida
BA seeks a dynamic, candidate with experience and/or strong interest in working with city governments. A post-graduate degree and/or familiarity with relevant disciplines is valuable, but not required. The candidate must be comfortable working independently, well-organized, detail-oriented, computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, mainstream project management software) and available to provide on-call support for the duration of the contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Manager will report directly to the office of the BA CEO and the overall project lead in Tampa. Additionally, the Project Manager will engage in regular, daily communication with each BA project team and the relevant agency counterparts. Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited, to:
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings and conference calls
- Day-to-day tracking of projects to ensure deliverables are met in a timely fashion by both sides
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with local project partners
- Producing weekly and monthly project tracking reports
- Securing local logistics (i.e. transportation, meeting rooms, itineraries, live support, A/V coordination)
- Tracking local news coverage related to BA initiatives
- Identifying, troubleshooting and flagging of potential issues
- Participating in 1-2 annual trips to New York for work and training sessions with BA teams
We seek dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding research, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree or graduate with demonstrated academic successes
- Experience carrying out independent research and a track record of producing clear work products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in national, state or city governments
- Prior internship /professional experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities including editing, presentation development, and fast and effective research capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills including an ability to learn new topics quickly
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and developed new skills on the job
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others and build effective partnerships
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Commitment to a collegial, team-oriented workplace
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.