Bloomberg Associates is an international consulting service founded by former New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg as a philanthropic venture. We provide pro-bono services to mayors to help city governments improve the quality of life of their citizens. Although we are a philanthropic enterprise, we function and work as a private-sector management consulting firm.
Directed by a team of globally recognized experts and industry leaders, Bloomberg Associates works to improve urban environments by collaborating with cities to develop actionable best practices, build consensus and foster key relationships. With experience in both the public and private sector, the Bloomberg Associates team is well-equipped to undertake any short or long-term municipal challenge. Through its guidance and mentorship, Bloomberg Associates delivers actionable insights and plans across multiple disciplines. For each City engagement, Bloomberg Associates offers expertise across eight disciplines:
- Social Services
- Digital Strategies
- Medial & Tech
- Municipal Integrity & Transparency
- Cultural Assets Management
- Marketing & Tourism
- Urban Planning
The Bloomberg Associates Media & Digital strategies team seeks a Film fellow to support our work partnering with global cities on developing their production and creative industries.
- Support research needs for Bloomberg Associates film work supporting cities as they expand their production capacity and develop a new generation of creative and production professionals via workforce training programs
- Research successful creative/content industry training programs in other cities
- Identify possible local and national funders to help film programs scale
- Researching and presenting on film incentive programs
- Support our partners in creation of resource guides for creative workforce development
- Crafting effective and concise written communications in the form of PowerPoint presentations, memos and reports for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Supporting day-to-day program engagement with select client cities; including communicating and collaborating with partner cities on project goals and updates that result in meaningful change
- Developing creative strategies for expanding the reach and impact of existing initiatives
This is a six-month contract role, working no more than 20 hours per week.
We are seeking a dedicated, curious individual with outstanding research, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Humor is a plus!
- Bachelor's degree required, bilingual (Spanish) language a plus; Master’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of internship /professional experience ideally in government, consulting, nonprofit management, public policy, production or other relevant field
- Interest in film and entertainment as a tool for economic development and equity
- Self driven, strategic thinker who can help turn ideas into actionable plans
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to independently coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on quality and project follow-through
- Track record of creating data driven reports, memos and presentations; with a sharp eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills showcasing a capacity to synthesize information and develop compelling narratives
- Creative problem-solving skills; including an ability to grasp key issues and make recommendations for improvements
- Flexibility and agility to learn and develop new skills on the job
- Comfort working across the realms of government, business and non-profit, experience working with public-private partnerships a plus
- Experienced at managing stakeholders with diverse needs
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.