Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Bloomberg Associates (BA) is Bloomberg Philanthropies' pro bono consulting service founded by Michael R. Bloomberg, the 108th Mayor of New York City and Founder of Bloomberg LP, as a philanthropic venture. We provide services to cities that help governments improve the quality of life of their citizens. BA works across nine (9) different focus areas: Cultural Assets Management, Marketing & Communications, Media and Digital Strategies, Municipal Integrity, Social Services, Sustainability, Transportation, Economic Development and Urban Planning, with teams that have deep subject matter expertise and extensive experience in municipal government.
Bloomberg Associates Sustainability Team seeks a fellow candidate to support the launch of a voluntary energy efficiency scheme for commercial buildings in London. This will include the detailed design of the pilot program, supporting pilot launch, and working towards a scale up of the effort across London. Directed by a team of globally recognized experts and industry leaders, Bloomberg Associates works to improve urban environments by collaborating with cities to develop best practices, build consensus and foster key relationships. Additionally, the team fosters public-private partnerships to help each city build resources and implement programs that turn dynamic vision into reality.
- Support the detailed design of the pilot program, including defining metrics, researching practices from other cities, developing educational and marketing materials, and engaging with potential participants
- Serve as face of BA team on site in London, ensuring clear communications between NYC-based BA team and London-based GLA team
The Fellow should be based in London but work remotely for the time being, with the potential to be in person at the GLA’s Offices. The individual will report directly to BA’s Sustainability Team; however, interaction with clients in London and other BA team members is expected. This is a six-month contract role, working no more than 20 hours per week.
We seek dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding research, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree or graduate with demonstrated academic successes
- Experience carrying out independent research and a track record of producing clear work products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in national, state or city governments
- 2-5 years of internship /professional experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities including editing, presentation development, and fast and effective research capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills including an ability to learn new topics quickly
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and develop new skills on the job
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others and build effective partnerships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to a collegial, team-oriented workplace
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.