Pioneering advancements in cryptography and blockchain technology, Blockstream is the first company extending the capabilities of Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new privacy features, asset types, and financial markets. Blockstream is building an open platform for blockchain applications and a family of hardened cryptofinance appliances. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to help us build the premier platform for crypto-finance applications. As the first person on the project management team, you will have a chance to establish efficient project management practices and grow project management organization. Your responsibilities will include collaboration with leadership, product management, and R&D organizations, and driving engineering teams towards successful projects development and release into production.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup, excellent benefits, and flexible working schedule as well as an option for partial telecommute.
- Desire to work for a fast-paced startup company and make it a success
- Interest in innovative FinTech products and technologies
- Strong and diverse experience working on complex and innovative software systems and commercial quality software products
- Successful project management experience and impressive multiple product release record.
- Excellent knowledge of industry strandard Project Management practices, tools, terminology
- Proven ability to work with product management, engineering, research, QA, and leadership teams
- Ability to asses various engineering teams and projects and establish efficient and light-weight processes that fit specific goals, deliverables and team structures
- Extensive experience driving engineering teams towards projects completion and release into production
- Deep understanding of core software engineering principles and distributed high-performance systems.
- Passion for the new technologies and ability to grasp and learn new complex concepts, models, and paradigms
- Experience working with globally-distributed teams and using multiple communication channels efficiently
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Travel as necessary to foster relationships with the teammates across the globe
- PMP certification
- Experience in FinTech is a big plus.
- Prior Bitcoin, blockchain, and/or cryptography experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Open Source eco-system.