Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology power houses of the industry.
At Blockstream, we’re building solutions on Bitcoin that will disrupt the existing financial system. We imagine a world where individuals and businesses can easily access a global, permissionless system to secure their money, use it every day, and invest it or put it to work. In pursuit of our expansive vision, we’ve built a full stack of innovative products on top of the Bitcoin protocol, from layer 2 projects like Liquid and Core Lightning, to end user software and hardware wallets like Green and Jade. Our brand stands for innovation in the Bitcoin community, and we’re growing our team to accelerate the future. Come join us in our mission!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop digital wallet software with a specific focus on iOS. You will work on native iOS implementation of Bitcoin wallet software as well as other iOS applications.
Check out our engineering blog for the latest on our Green Wallet, and below for other exciting news about Blockstream!
- Blockstream Raises $125 Million for Mining Despite Industry Bloodbath
- Block And Blockstream Begin Construction On Bitcoin Mining Facility Using Solar And Storage Technology From Tesla
- Blockstream Raises $210M, Makes Move Into ASIC Development
- Please share your own iOS native apps portfolio, personal projects, and Open Source contributions for immediate review
- Tell us why you would be excited to work for Blockstream and please do not be shy to send a Cover Letter in addition to your resume!
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Maintain our Green: Bitcoin Wallet and add new features
- Architect the app structure and refactor the codebase to use SwiftUI and other technologies
What We Look For In You (Required Qualifications):
- Experience with Git
- Strong knowledge of Swift / UIKit / SwiftUI
- Strong understanding of UI/UX Apple best-practices
- Good knowledge of asynchronous libraries such as: PromiseKit or RxSwift
- Located in Europe or Canada
Nice To Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience with bluetooth low energy devices
- Experience in cryptography and secure memory in iOS
- Open Source contributions to projects on GitHub or Stackoverflow
- Open Source experience as maintainer and/or contributor
- Experience in Android development
- Bitcoin experience as User and/or a Developer