Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology power houses of the industry.
At Blockstream, we’re building solutions on Bitcoin that will disrupt the existing financial system. We imagine a world where individuals and businesses can easily access a global, permissionless system to secure their money, use it every day, and invest it or put it to work. In pursuit of our expansive vision, we’ve built a full stack of innovative products on top of the Bitcoin protocol, from layer 2 projects like Liquid and Core Lightning, to end user software and hardware wallets like Green and Jade. Our brand stands for innovation in the Bitcoin community, and we’re growing our team to accelerate the future. Come join us in our mission!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Accounts Payable- someone organized, detailed oriented, innovative and takes ownership of their work. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Payable function, planning the workload, collection of accounts payable in our P2P tool Coupa and outside of Coupa, perform the day-to-day data entry in ERP as needed and ensure our suppliers are paid in an orderly and timely fashion.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Collecting accounts payable invoices and being on top of outstanding items – maintain a good filing system within the AP function
- Maintaining the procurement to pay process using our newly implemented software tool Coupa to ensure all requisitions are approved and all 2-way and 3-way matches are complete
- Ensuring all accounts payable invoices and payments are inputted into the accounting system (NetSuite)
- Answer queries and complaints from vendors with respect to payment status and diffuse any potential issues
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Prepare accounts payable reports as required by management
- Document the AP process and update new policies
- Update training materials and departmental procedures as needed
- Adhere to and enforce the policies and procedures for the Accounts Payable department
- Analyze Accounts Payable operations and identify areas for improvement
- Assist with the annual audit as required
What We Look For In You (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years experience in the Accounts Payable function
- Experience with Netsuite and Coupa (a plus)
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Very good communication skills
- Adaptability: You can adapt efficiently and effectively in response to new processes and changing circumstances.
- Attention to Detail: You have strong attention to detail by exhibiting thoroughness and accuracy in accomplishing a task.
- Good team player, great initiative, and self-motivating