Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology power houses of the industry.
Through our sidechain technology (the Liquid Network), wallets (Blockstream Green, Blockstream Jade, AQUA), mining colocation (Blockstream Mining), satellite network (Blockstream Satellite), and protocol contributions (Bitcoin research, c-lightning), we are proud to be making global peer-to-peer finance a reality.
Blockstream is the global leader in Bitcoin and blockchain technology. The Corporate Development Associate will play a meaningful role in helping Blockstream grow its business, both organically and via acquisitions. As a Corporate Development Associate, you will be actively involved in strategic growth initiatives, including working closely with senior management to evaluate and analyze new growth and M&A opportunities. You will be responsible for creating financial models and presentations, leading due diligence efforts, and assisting in all aspects of the deal process.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Assist Blockstream senior management in evaluating, analyzing, and executing growth capital initiatives, M&A opportunities, and strategic partnerships
- Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development, the Associate will partner closely with management and business unit leaders in exploring business expansion strategies and partnership opportunities, including developing and presenting business cases, preparing presentations, and building financial models in support of capital projects and/or M&A opportunities
- Responsible for leading diligence and preparing and presenting analyses to support the business cases for new initiatives
- Prepare in-depth financial models reflecting projected financial performance, merger synergies, IRR, and discounted cash flow, among other analyses. Apply rigorous financial and valuation analyses to assess new opportunities
- Collaborate with senior management in developing M&A strategy, identifying and evaluating potential acquisition targets, and applying financial models and analysis to help management and board decision making
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the crypto market and Blockstream’s strategy and market position, helping identify new growth opportunities
What We Look For In You (Required Qualifications):
- 3+ years of technology M&A experience; preferably via Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Private Equity, or Management Consulting, with a strong track record of leading successfully completed deals
- Strong financial modeling skills, including the ability to produce bespoke models efficiently. Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Managerial presence and strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with the ability to adjust to rapidly-changing market conditions
- Passion for the Bitcoin and crypto industry, and strong desire to be a part of a company that is re-architecting the landscape of global finance
- Team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard as part of a distributed and growing company