Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology powerhouses of the industry.
Through our sidechain technology (the Liquid Network), wallets (Blockstream Green, Blockstream Jade, AQUA), mining colocation (Blockstream Mining), satellite network (Blockstream Satellite), and protocol contributions (Bitcoin research, c-lightning), we are proud to be making global peer-to-peer finance a reality.
In this role, you will enjoy working with different programming languages and varied application stacks. You will design, implement, test, deliver, and support full stack applications, in a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- 5+ years of working experience and extensive knowledge in any, or multiple, of the following:
- C/C++, Rust
- Test driven development (unit tests, end to end, etc)
- Designing, implementing, and using APIs (RESTful, Websocket, RPC, etc.)
- Web application frameworks (Django, RoR, Flask, etc.)
- Web front-end development (React, Angular, Vue, CSS, HTML, pure JS)
- User Experience Design (e.g. mockups, wireframes, CSS)
- SQL RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, LevelDB)
Cache and Search (e.g. memcached, redis, ElasticSearch)
- Functional Programming
- Development and operation of back-end infrastructure and sysadmin tools
Linux system administration
- Design of scalable, distributed back-end architectures
- Cloud development and deployment (AWS or GCE)
- Excellent communication, team player attitude and collaboration skills
- High-motivated, life-time learner
- Cryptography, Bitcoin
- Software architecture