Pioneering advancements in cryptocurrencies, open assets and smart contracts, Blockstream is the first company extending capabilities at the protocol level to support the application of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to a broad range of asset types. Sidechains, the extension mechanism of Bitcoin, allow expansion of Bitcoin’s feature set in an open and interoperable way. A champion of Bitcoin’s ethos, Blockstream supports decentralization, end-to-end security, user control and open, permissionless innovation.
Blockstream is in the early stages of building out our infrastructure and operations teams, which means you will have the opportunity to accelerate our productivity and growth through the implementation of internal tools and processes.
We believe in crafting survivable solutions, not ignoring or dismissing risk. Infrastructure systems are a hazard, so providing creative solutions to mitigating risk are essential. The cryptographic primitives in cryptocurrencies provide the seeds of solutions to so many security problems. Join us in prototyping the future of the field.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Expert-level experience in Unix/Linux system administration.
- Evaluate, deploy and train associates to use internal collaborative tools in order to be more productive.
- This includes strong background in security best practices for deployment, lockdown, monitoring and maintenance of applications on Linux operating systems.
- Broad security-minded awareness of networking and operating systems.
- Knowledge of scripting tools and frameworks (from shell scripting to Ruby/Python for Ansible/Chef/Puppet, etc.) in order to automate deployments and manage systems.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Computer science fundamentals and some experience in multiple programming languages would be useful in the ability to debug applications and to code custom solutions or integrations between applications.
- Knowledge of:
- Linux system tools and frameworks like iptables, iproute2, SELinux
- Network security: reading pcap traces, investigating attacks, systems forensics, SSL/TLS and PKI
- Interesting experience trumps accreditations and certifications.