Blockstream a vertically-integrated Bitcoin company. Our software and hardware sets the foundation for the Bitcoin ecosystem to thrive. We are extending Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new asset types and financial markets. We support values of decentralization, privacy, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
Blockstream is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager to add to our world-class team. You will report to the Senior Director of Finance and Accounting to assist with day-to-day accounting activities. The role also includes ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and developing proper internal controls.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup with a multitude of growth opportunities and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements according to IFRS.
- Support in accounting management such as preparation of journal entries, entering invoices, billing, reconciling accounts for month end closing, etc.
- Assist with tracking and properly recording bitcoin.
- Review and explain variances to budget.
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit.
- Research and propose accounting treatments for complex transactions.
- Develop, document and implement internal controls and policies as well as process descriptions.
- Handle tax compliance matters including leading government tax audits.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting with a CPA designation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a global, distributed workforce and a willingness to work in this environment.
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- NetSuite and Expensify experience a plus.