Do you want to disrupt the financial space by creating the best in class designs for Bitcoin? Do you have a desire to contribute to the design strategy and execution for a fast-growing business with a significant impact on the world stage?
Pioneering advancements in cryptocurrencies, open assets and smart contracts, Blockstream is the first company extending capabilities at the protocol level to support the application of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to a broad range of asset types. The extension mechanism of sidechains, the company’s initial area of focus, allows any number of so far unthought of developments to happen in an open and interoperable way. A champion of Bitcoin’s ethos, we are continuously supporting values of decentralization, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovations.
We are looking for a Multimedia Graphic Designer who will be responsible for the hands-on development of visual brand identities, animation of visually stimulating yet informative graphics and videos, and digital/print channel executions in support of our marketing campaigns and facilitate understanding of Bitcoin and our products.
You are a visual master who is capable of designing inspiring content and campaigns that captivate audiences worldwide. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and you thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
What will you do?
- Develop world-class design systems that support marketing and promotional campaigns inclusive of print, digital and motion. This includes iterating the existing key art, logos, typography, color, graphic elements, and motion-based solutions.
- Translate complex topics and concepts into clean and easily understandable graphics
- Edit a mix of video footage and animated graphics
- Ensure that standardized practices are implemented and applied across projects, departments, and locations to meet quality and aesthetic standards
- Work in an agile manner to adjust project goals and execute revisions while maintaining established schedules
What do you need to succeed?
- Firm grasp of design fundamentals demonstrated by a strong portfolio of visual design and motion graphics work
- Ability to understand the importance of aligning the overall visual narrative and translating a high-level branding idea to multiple touchpoints in all channels
- Ability to make sense of complex and technical concepts and convert them into visuals that facilitate understanding
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for typography and visual hierarchy
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro, and an eagerness to learn new tools. Experience with Cinema4D, Maya and other 3D animation programs is a plus
- Experience with interaction design and UI animations is a plus
- Knowledge of Bitcoin/cryptocurrency is a plus
- Photography skill is a plus