Pioneering advancements in blockchain technology infrastructure, Blockstream is the leading company extending Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new asset types and financial markets. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, privacy, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate Web Developer who will primarily work on maintaining and adding features to our existing sites, as well as creating new sites as needed.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup, multitude of growth opportunities, a flexible working schedule, and excellent compensation and benefits.
A strong preference is given to the candidates living in Victoria, BC. Relocation assistance is provided.
- Strong CS Background
- Experience with Responsive Design
- Experience releasing and supporting quality web applications
- Experience with version control systems, including Git
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies well and fast and passion for learning
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Interesting projects on GitHub
- Mobile development experience
- Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Inkscape
- Experience with distributed systems
- Understanding/experience with Python/Java/C/C++
- Jekyll knowledge
- Wordpress experience
- Open source experience as maintainer and/or contributor
- Bitcoin experience as a user and/or developer
- Please share your own Web Application portfolio, personal projects, and Open Source contributions for immediate review.
- Tell us why you would be excited to work for Blockstream and please do not be shy to send a cover letter in addition to resume!