Block is a renovation platform transforming the $450 billion renovation industry. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include Softbank, New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau, Giant Ventures, Obvious Ventures, MorningSide Ventures and more.
Employees come to Block for the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling tech start-up that remains steadfastly dedicated to its employees, its culture, and constant iteration and improvement.
Block is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, results oriented Account Executive to join our Sales team. Your primary responsibilities will be prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new business - homeowners coming to Block for a better way to improve the spaces they live in. You will bring a strong consultative approach to engaging prospective customers to understand their goals and tailor Block’s offerings to meet their specific renovation needs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own the full sales cycle from qualifying to closing
- Qualify leads and determine customer motivation, offering solutions and support
- Develop creative, fun, and innovative ways to connect and build relationships with customers and Block’s contractor network
- Master the art of the sale by understanding residential construction basics and the Block value proposition
- Achieve and consistently exceed quarterly sales quota
- Craft, collaborate and continue to tweak the sales strategy to optimize for growth
- Continuously offer insights on the sales process and identify areas for improvements.
- 3+ years experience in sales
- Comfort with reaching out to cold leads through multiple communications channels (phone, email, text etc.)
- Advanced time management skills with the ability to multitask through a high volume of relationships / initiatives at the same time
- Customer-first mindset and problem solving skills
- Ability to work some weekends and evening hours to best support Block’s customers
- Hustle, ambition and drive to hit and exceed goals
- Grit - we love a team player who is not afraid of new challenges and embraces them!
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as our business grows and develops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General interest in construction and design
Compensation and Benefits
The Account Executive must be able to work on-site in our Brooklyn, NY headquarters at least 3 days per week.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Sales Manager. Block wants all employees to be supported in their personal and professional development, so we take a comprehensive approach to compensation and benefits. The initial annual OTE for this position is expected to range from $90,000 to $110,000. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary and target commission ranges for a NY-based position. Actual compensation will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, qualifications, location, and other job-related factors.
To further support your growth at our company, Block also offers the following:
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- Subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- Flexible work environment, with hybrid and fully remote roles
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- PTO and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
- HSA with employer contribution & FSA plans
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Budgeted learning and development stipends
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Block is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and we encourage our employees to participate as their authentic selves in our work environment. We strive to build better for all, towards a more open, inclusive space. Come as you are.