Account Executive - Tackle
We’re creating modern software for builders across the country. We help contractors and construction companies be more successful estimating, bidding, and contracting new jobs. Our easy to use and powerful products leverage modern technologies and AI to help these businesses stand out, grow faster and make more profit.
Tackle is incubated inside Block Renovation, a Series C growth company reinventing the renovation industry. We're well-funded and growing rapidly every month.
We're looking for a full sales cycle Account Executive who will play a pivotal role in our growth and directly interface with our customers every day.
About Block Renovation
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $450 billion renovation industry. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include Softbank, New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau, Giant Ventures, Obvious Ventures, MorningSide Ventures and more.
⚡ What you'll do
- Own the full sales cycle from initial outreach to closing the sale
- Conduct outbound cold calls, deliver customer demos, and achieve target sales quotas
- Manage pipeline of active leads and utilize sales software (E.g. Close.com) to record notes, track updates and progress leads through the sales process
- Refine and iterate sales messaging and contribute to growth team brainstorming sessions on improving our sales process
- Relay product learnings to the team as you uncover insights on sales and customer calls
🎯 What we're looking for
- 1-2+ years experience in outbound sales (a bonus if this experience is in SMB sales)
- Comfort with reaching out to cold leads through multiple communications channels (phone, email, etc.) with an enthusiasm for developing sales skills
- Dedication to closing new customers and doing what it takes to get them signed up
- Advanced time management skills with the ability to multitask through a high volume of relationships / initiatives at the same time
- Customer-first mindset and problem solving skills
- Desire to work on a small, dedicated, and agile startup team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn via training and ongoing coaching!
🙋 Who you are
- A resourceful self starter with passion for learning and growth
- A customer-first advocate with a desire to help small businesses succeed
- A business athlete with a strong desire to win day in and day out
- A team player who loves to celebrate and support their colleagues
🙌 What we offer
Block wants all employees to be supported in their personal and professional development, so we take a comprehensive approach to total rewards. We practice a market-based and performance-driven compensation philosophy which compensates employees fairly and competitively, and rewards strong performance.
Competitive cash compensation of $80,000 - $95,0000 OTE. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, qualifications, location, and other job-related factors.
To further support your growth at our company, Block also offers the following:
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- Flexible work environment, with hybrid and fully remote roles
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- PTO and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
- HSA with employer contribution & FSA plans
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Budgeted learning and development stipends
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Start with users
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Invest where we should, save where we can
- Speed is our advantage