Block Renovation Product Manager FinTech
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $450 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau, Giant Ventures, Obvious Ventures, MorningSide Ventures and more.
Block Fintech is an ambitious, entrepreneurial team building a new product from 0 to 1 to take the financial stress & constraints out of renovations. We’re currently building this team from the ground up and will be launching our product as a new venture for the company later this year.
Payments and financing are the lifeblood of the construction industry. Contractors constantly struggle with how and when they get paid. Sometimes even if they get paid. Homeowners have to write paper checks -- sometimes they are tied to loosely defined milestones, sometimes they’re not. Both parties occasionally find themselves in disputes based on change orders and scope adjustments throughout the course of the project. There is no equivalent of PayPal, Stripe, or Square in general contracting that have made payments fast, automated, and ubiquitous or financial management easy.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join as this new venture’s first product hire. This role will report directly to the GM of Fintech and partner closely with our team’s tech and design leads to build our Fintech solution 0 to 1.
This role will require strong entrepreneurialism, agility, tenacity, and patience. You are building a product from ground-up -- with the benefit of working in a Series C funded company with deep knowledge and experience in how homeowners and contractors interact.
You will need to build a deep understanding of contractors and homeowners -- and chart out both high level strategy and dig into nitty gritty details. To be successful, you will need to develop deep customer empathy, embrace ambiguity, harness a passion for bringing new products to market, and build with an appreciation for beautiful UX and clean APIs.
- Partner with the GM to lead product discovery and execution in order to bring our new Fintech products to market
- Develop specs, lead sprints and build world class software with your engineering and design colleagues
- Analyze data and synthesize customer & market feedback to help the team find product market fit
- Create and advocate for best practices for product development and experimentation across the team
- Effectively communicate and document progress and learnings to stakeholders and your team
- 3+ years of product management experience, with strong understanding of agile development, UX design, user research, and product analytics
- Data-driven: Passion for hypothesis-driven product development, experimentation, and testing
- Systematic thinker: Able to break down complex workflows and processes into simple, delightful user experiences
- Excellent product judgment: Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle
- User-centric: Passionate about creating great user experiences, and openness to exploring first principles to develop innovation
- Resourceful: Willingness to be scrappy to validate concepts, manage scope, and deliver results
- Grit: Proven track record of delivering outcomes through continuous improvement
- Clear communicator: Ability to articulate priorities and keep alignment across the organization
- Experience with Fintech products is preferred
- Experience with bringing new 0 to 1 products to market is a plus
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- PTO and company holidays
- 3 weeks a year where you can work anywhere
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Budgeted learning and development stipends
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage