Block Renovation Contractor Growth
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $450 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau, Giant Ventures, Obvious Ventures, MorningSide Ventures and more.
The Block Contractor Growth role is critical to the success of Block’s business. You are Block’s front line representative for establishing strategic business partnerships with the best contractors available - you are the starting point for delivering predictably good outcomes for Block, Block’s Clients, and the contractors we choose to partner with.
You help grow and scale the supply side of Block, leveraging data and strategic thinking to iterate on processes and tools. You are a master of building relationships, communication, and influencing others to drive outcomes that exceed expectations. You utilize data and marketplace research to draw innovative and actionable insights, test them in the real world, and follow through on implementation to revolutionize the construction industry and scale our business. You match strategic and analytical thinking with tactical horsepower and execution.
You are also a systems-thinker by nature - constantly finding scalable ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, save money, and increase quality of outcomes. You can consider downstream and upstream impacts of decisions, and their implications with scale. You will have a major impact on the growth, quality, and success of Block’s Contractor Network.
- Grow Block’s Contractor Network - build a pipeline of general contractors and reduce friction in the vetting and onboarding process
- Hone and articulate Block’s value proposition for contractors
- Build connections with contractors - understand the challenges they face and communicate them internally to improve the contractor experience
- Vet prospective contractors for quality of work, business acumen, and the ability to provide consistently good outcomes for clients and Block
- Review project documentation for adherence to timelines and Block’s Quality Standards
- Track network metrics and balance the supply and demand sides of the business
- Drive retention of high performing contractors
- Provide innovative and actionable insights to improve outcomes
- Interest in Residential Construction with 3+ years of experience in Consulting, Sales, Executive Search, or Banking
- Ability to learn quickly, draw insights, and communicate with senior stakeholders
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal - can articulate Block’s value proposition, influence others, and develop lasting business partnerships
- Strategic and analytical backed by tactical horsepower to execute
- Highly ambitious and goal-oriented
- Demonstrates Company Philosophies in how they work
- Able to build for long term, but also able to find efficient short-term solutions
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Flexible Vacation Policy: recommended 2-3 weeks vacation / year
- 3 weeks a year where you can work anywhere
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity.
- Problems are our fuel.
- Be tenacious and calm.
- Save money and time where we should.
- Speed is advantage.
*By November 1st, 2021, all BLOCK employees will be required to be vaccinated if they are coming into the office. Proof of vaccination will be required and sent to the Office Manager prior to arrival.