Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Email marketer to play a crucial role in leading how Block communicates with its leads and customers. Reporting to our Head of Growth, your job will be to own our customers’ communication lifecycle - including campaign planning & optimization, the CDP/ESP infrastructure to support your ideas and innovative multivariate tests, and all relevant 3rd party relationships.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Demand Generation, Creative, Sales, Product, Analytics etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll work on everything from gaining a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how and when we communicate product messaging and offers to our new prospects & customers. You’ll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers’ email & SMS experiences are as enjoyable and seamless.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of Block’s CRM/ESP stack, ultimately grow into a full stack Growth team member and lead key online and offline channels related to acquisition, re-engagement and referral.
- Own Block’s Email Marketing/Re-engagement strategy and take the reins on implementing high-impact initiatives across the customer lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth, re-engagement and revenue generation.
- Maintain an understanding of trends to react to new insights and behavior shifts.
- Track and analyze campaign performance and provide actionable items to test and improve main KPIs on a period basis (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
- Work closely with Sales leaders to support sales processes including standard work around Funnel Management, Lead Management, Proposal Management, and sales standard of work.
- Report on results to stakeholders, inform automation of successful treatments, and design iterative testing plans to optimize future treatments.
- Implement testing and measurement frameworks for new channels.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Growth, Creative, Sales, etc.
- Analyze customer behavior to inform testing of marketing treatments with a high monetary impact.
- 3+ years of experience in Email marketing/Lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or a related field.
- Expert in email & SMS automation to drive successful CRM initiatives.
- Strong understanding of Hubspot, Salesforce and Adobe Campaign or comparable CRM/customer segmentation tools is required.
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Looker & Tableau) is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Results driven with a passion for strong collaboration.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Experience in retention or acquisition marketing is a plus.
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Flexible paid vacation days and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage