Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
We are looking for an experienced email and sms marketer to play a crucial role in leading how Block communicates with its prospects & customers. Reporting to our Head of Growth, your job will be to own our customers’ communication lifecycle - including campaign planning & optimization, the CDP/ESP infrastructure to support your ideas and innovative multivariate tests, and all relevant 3rd party relationships.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Demand Generation, Creative, Sales, Product, Analytics etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll work on everything from gaining a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how and when we communicate product messaging and offers to our new prospects & customers. You’ll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers’ email & sms experiences are as enjoyable and seamless.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of Block’s CRM/ESP stack, and lead key channels related to acquisition, re-engagement and referral.
- Own end-to-end execution of email calendar – everything from ideation to implementation.
- Build thoughtful customer segments and journeys to improve customer re-engagement, referral and increase open and click through rates.
- Track and analyze campaign performance and provide actionable items to test and improve main KPIs on a period basis (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
- Partner with creative, product, and engineering teams to bring email ideas and landing pages to life.
- Own and execute an email & sms testing strategy to improve performance, evaluating factors such as copy, creative, and send times.
- QA all emails to ensure all links, images, subject lines, personalization, etc. are working correctly.
- Analyze and report on the performance of both the overall channel and specific initiatives to better support business goals.
- Work closely with Sales leaders to support sales processes including standard work around funnel management, lead management, proposal management, and sales standard of work.
- 4+ years of experience in email marketing/lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of Hubspot/Salesforce ESP, or comparable ESP is required.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Is detail oriented and not afraid to roll up the sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Results driven with a passion for strong collaboration.
- Experience in retention or acquisition marketing (Paid Social, SEM, Native) is a plus.
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Flexible paid vacation days and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage