Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Doing a home renovation is a stressful and hard process. Block simplifies the process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
We are building an ambitious technical organization and looking for senior software engineers across backend, frontend, and full-stack to contribute to our mission.
You will work with our engineering team in a low-debt, high-velocity environment to develop our home renovation platform. You will architect, collaborate on, and contribute to software that facilitates end-to-end renovations in a historically analog industry. This will require forward-thinking, elegant solutions for complex processes.
As an early contributor, you will help contribute to key decisions about the technologies, tools, and best practices we adopt into our engineering culture. You’ll deliver the best experience possible for our clients while ensuring high standards of code quality. Your work will make a tangible impact on the lives of design and construction professionals along with people and their homes
- Architect and build innovative, user-friendly web applications for the renovation process
- Help set and uphold high standards for code quality, test coverage, and platform stability
- Collaborate on new ideas to rapidly create and test prototypes
- Work alongside engineering, product, design, and business counterparts
- Ensure our digital client experience is the best it can be
- Make the engineering team better as a whole
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt, 3rd party tools, and tradeoffs rather than reinventing the wheel
- Improve our deployment and infrastructure processes to reduce dependency on devops and server-side engineers
- 5+ years experience, especially on React & Redux
- Deep understanding and passion in understanding the latest in best programming practices
- Rigorous in technical decision-making and upholding quality standards
- Expert in responsive design and development
- Personal interest in solving complex problems that tangibly impact people
- Early stage employee equity
- Work in the field and in the office
- Vacation days and company holidays
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage