What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We are a fast-paced, industry-defining financial services team, building out a highly available institutional lending/trading platform. You’ll be joining a cross functional team where you will help build out core backend features of our platform for our clients which include traditional financial institutions and a variety of crypto-native institutions.
Your Mission & Responsibilities
As a Backend Engineer in institutions, you will be responsible for developing core backend features for our institutional lending and trading platform. You will collaborate with other engineers to ensure our platform is highly available and offers a best-in-class experience to our clients. As a part of our team you will:
- Develop APIs to provide direct functionality to our clients and to feed our frontend application
- Help build and maintain time-series data streaming pipelines to offer pricing and manage orders on an industry leading trading platform
- Bring design ideas to our team, giving you the opportunity and freedom to help make key decisions for our platform
- Work closely with our electronic trading team to ensure fast executions for our trading clients
- Collaborate with product managers to scope out work and understand client needs and requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with Python web application and API development using FastAPI, Django, or similar
- Familiarity with messaging services such as Redis Streams, Kafka, and RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and experience with Python ORMs such as SQLAlchemy
- Experience with AWS Services such as RDS, Elasticache, ECS is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to be able to thoughtfully convey new ideas and decisions
- Passion for building scalable solutions and learning new technologies
We have people-centric culture with best-in-class perks including:
- Unlimited PTO - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Your well being is a priority for us
- Financial Wellness - Access to our 401(k) plan
- Hybrid Work Environment - You choose where you work best, whether at home or in the office
- Meaningful Recognition - Be recognized and rewarded for great work, but also those special life milestones, like birthdays and anniversaries
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand