What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team!
About the Engineering Org
We’re building the products and platform that powers our business. Our teams are globally remote, working across different time zones and regions. Engineers at BlockFi are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle some of the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena. Our platform teams are designing and implementing highly available, reliable, resilient, and secure services at global scale in Go, Elixir, and Rust.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate on the design, development, testing, documentation, and operational support of features and mid-sized projects, as well as help mentor new hires. We are looking for proactive, collaborative, and adaptive engineers who can work independently and manage priorities with minimal supervision.
- Deliver and Own Solutions:
- Responsible for collaborating on the execution of plans and designs end to end: estimating, prototyping, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Break down complex tasks, set milestones, and implement new features from scratch while minimizing technical debt, always keeping client needs in mind.
- Adhere to quality standards throughout the software development lifecycle, and take ownership of solutions.
- Accountable for monitoring system health and debugging issues in production.
- Learn new tools and technologies, and develop an understanding of existing systems.
- Proactively seek to learn about the company, products, processes, and culture.
- Participate in design, with guidance. Understand how work fits in with related projects or components and identify problems with requirements and fix them, helping the team course-correct when necessary.
- Work with more senior engineers to ensure our systems are built for availability, reliability, resilience, scalability, performance, and security from the ground up.
- Actively engage in thoughtful and respectful code review, and work to clearly and publicly document tradeoffs.
- Technical Experience: 3+ years of industry experience, with a desire to learn and work with Elixir/Go/Rust.
- Technical Ownership: You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products. You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools.
- Communication: You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication when sharing ideas or opinions.
- Collaboration: You're able to build relationships within your team and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed. Always seeks out feedback on technical designs, solutions, and code.
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: You are looking at the big picture, you observe and improve your team’s work. You are interested in the team’s success as a whole, not just personal success.
- Adaptive: Ability and motivation to quickly learn new languages, technologies and tools. Pragmatic bias toward outcomes, and technical decisions that solve real business problems.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as Pension Fund, Parental Leave, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand