What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
Senior Program Manager, Product Accessibility
BlockFi is looking for a Senior Program Manager, Product Accessibility to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Senior Manager for Product Accessibility is a member of the Product Engineering team. We are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena. Our team works remotely and is geographically distributed. We celebrate, support, and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and clients.
In this role, you will work with product managers, UX designers, UX content designers, and engineering managers to deliver best-in-class accessible products. To do so, you will work across the organization, evangelizing accessibility, informing others of best practices, establishing processes to deliver accessible software releases, meeting with clients to identify problems and delivery on the accessibility program roadmap.
- Define and drive cross-functional strategy. Deliver a program of coaching, enablement and partnership that enables scrum teams and product leads to deliver on accessibility goals.
- Maintain a solid understanding of product accessibility. You also have deep understanding of what it takes to build accessible experiences, both from a technical and process perspective, how to help teams identify tangible product outcomes, and how to design process improvements that work for the specifics of a given team or environment
- Deep understanding of product, design and engineering processes. You understand how these processes differ between and within companies and are attuned to designing programs that work for the environment in which they operate.
- Strategic acumen: You have strong experience sizing, scoping and helping to prioritize accessibility functional issues and aligning with existing priorities. You have a track record of working with product, engineering and design executives to align on strategy and creatively overcome obstacles
- Coaching mindset: You approach your work from the goal of teaching and empowering others to own accessibility as their own.
- Communication skills/translation: You are able to translate the technical details of particular accessibility issues and/or fixes for executive stakeholders to help them prioritize, stage and sequence issues
- Management: Strong track record in attracting, growing and retaining top talent. Trusted manager who helps reports overcome obstacles and nurtures their careers.
- Creativity: You work through difficult issues by listening deeply, and aligning stakeholders and sometimes thinking outside the box on how to motivate and drive solutions
What You’ll Do
- Create, scale and implement a Digital Accessibility Program. This may include creating business cases, prioritization alignment, team engagement, team governance, identifying sponsors, identifying stakeholders, 'sales' pitch to leadership etc as well as project management.
- Partner with the business to understand and ensure connection to overarching strategy and programs and ensure prioritization is aligned with strategy
- Integrate timelines and milestones across projects, identifying areas of alignment or dependency and evaluating the progress of digital accessibility across BlockFi
- Define and implement processes to improve team execution and delivery including figuring out actual or potential gaps in resourcing for projects
- Comprehend the complexities involved in digital accessibility and the impact it has on the business and recommend strategies to mitigate
- Become a trusted advisor and facilitate collaboration with different partners with varied perspectives to develop effective solutions for ensuring digital accessibility standards are met across all products
- Coordinate across product teams to define success metrics and monitor performance, user & client feedback to drive better product decisions
- Author differentiated technical communications (content focus, style, presentation, etc.) for various internal and external audiences based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language
- 7+ years of experience working in an agile-based software development organization, delivering frequent releases to market - project manager.
- 5+ years of experience in accessibility, advocating on behalf of users with disabilities and working across multiple teams as a subject matter expert
- 3+ years of experience working with assistive technology, such as screen readers, magnification software, switch control devices, text to speech, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility standards, such as 508, WCAG, ARIA, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, UX Research, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and help solve accessibility-specific technical issues (coding expertise is a plus)
- Professional presence and ability to manage across all levels in the organization
- Individual works autonomously with ongoing supervision from manager and leadership
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand