What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Head of Bermuda AML to join our growing team!
About Your Team
BlockFi’s Anti-Money Laundering program is one of the foundational components of the company’s compliance-forward approach. The team is responsible for the firm’s KYC program, as well as financial crimes investigations and sanctions screenings. This individual will manage the day-to-day operation of BlockFi’s AML program in Bermuda, and work closely with the broader team to ensure compliance.
As BlockFi’s first member of the Compliance team in Bermuda, you’ll help to establish our presence there, and be a key point of contact for AML team leadership.
- Evaluate, enhance and implement best -in-class AML and KYC compliance policies and practices
- Provide expert advice on AML compliance policies
- Perform AML quality control and testing, evaluate process deficiencies, analyze control measures, enhance reporting capabilities and recommend corrective actions while satisfying regulatory and audit commitments
- Further, assess and identify emerging risks and recommend / drive program enhancements
- Evaluate and respond to escalated matters; further escalate unusual activity as needed. Advise senior management on next steps
- 7+ years of experience in AML compliance, preferably with BMA-regulated firms.
- Capacity to understand cryptocurrency markets and industry landscape, track new developments, develop a viewpoint, and communicate insights within the company
- A firm understanding of Bermuda-specific AML laws
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas and with a variety of senior-level clients and partners
- Bermuda based or willingness to relocate to Bermuda
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer benefits because your physical health and well-being is important to us
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand