What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Head of Risk, Bermuda to join our growing team!
About Your Team and Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Risk team as a Head of Risk to support our international entity. In this role, you will report directly to BlockFi’s Chief Risk Officer and be accountable for supporting the risk monitoring and management of the Bermuda entity. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products, policies, vendors, and business lines. You will work cross-functionally across different risk stripes and with different teams (e.g., legal, compliance, security).
- Provide expert risk advice to the business aligned to regulatory obligations and compliance framework
- Conduct market and credit risk analyses (e.g., stress/scenario analysis) for international deal flow
- Conduct risk assessments related to the international business and ensure internal risk guidelines are put in place adhering to regulations and industry standards.
- Organize, categorize, measure, and predict existential, reputational, financial, regulatory, and operational risks
- Produce accurate, timely and relevant management and Board level risk reporting
- Degree in finance or a relevant quantitative field such as mathematics, computer science, or engineering. Masters/MBAs/Certifications such as CFA, FRM are a plus.
- Background in banking with market, credit and operational / enterprise risk management experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in enterprise risk management, risk mitigation and quantitative market / credit risk (e.g., risk assessments, stress testing / scenario analysis, underwriting)
- Understanding of a wide variety of financial retail and institutional products including loans, structured products and derivatives
- High degree of familiarity professionally or personally with cryptocurrency, blockchain, and ability to move between TradFi, CeFi, and DeFi concepts seamlessly
- Enthusiasm about BlockFi’s products and business model
- Inclusive team player attitude and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving skills and stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good judgment for recognizing opportunities, risk taking, and strategic planning
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas and with a variety of senior-level clients and partners
- Bermuda based or willingness to relocate to Bermuda
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer benefits because your physical health and well-being is important to us
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand