What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Product Management to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Our Product Management team works remotely and is regionally distributed. The Platforms Product Management team works to improve overall efficiency of our core services while creating a foundation of scalability, stability, and performance for our products at global scale. We’re looking for a Product-Leader who is a proponent of reliability, passionate about the FinTech/Cryptocurrency landscape, and has experience leading high-performing, adaptable teams
As a Director of Product Management on the Platforms team you will help drive our product strategy and vision for our core platform services. You will be responsible for forging a high-performing product development team.
- Collaborate with broader product & engineering teams as well as key business stakeholders across Legal, Compliance, Fraud, Marketing, Operations, and Security to incorporate feedback into the product roadmap
- Refine the long-term vision for our core services & platforms to deliver capabilities that empower our products and deliver meaningful business value
- Partner with engineering counterparts to evolve system architecture and infrastructure to meet key business outcomes
- Grow, mentor, and develop Product Managers on your team to achieve high performance and champion a stellar employee experience
- Manage the product backlog, effectively prioritizing, and identifying new opportunities for features and key enhancements
- Define and maintain KPIs to monitor impact on performance and understand product value
- 10+ years of experience as a product manager, with associated experience in resource management, product planning, and product delivery
- 5+ years of experience leading a product management team
- Previous experience in a product leadership role within a highly regulated industry, ideally FinTech, cryptocurrency or other financial services organization
- Ability to synthesize complex needs across multiple products and stakeholders to create a cohesive platform strategy that drives flexibility and consistency
- Displays passion for creating a strong culture and developing talent; helping them grow as successful product managers
- Demonstrate business and product acumen with experience working in FinTech, cryptocurrency, and/or other financial services organizations
- Proven ability to scale and drive platform product teams through uncertainty while confidently creating clarity and focus.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand