What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Recruiting Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Talent Acquisition team at BlockFi embodies our core values. We strive to deliver a best-in-class candidate experience and act as integral hiring partners to the teams we support.
As the Recruiting Manager, you will partner with our Growth, Institutional, Finance, Legal, Operations and People teams, supporting their continued rapid growth to redefine banking! Our team is the core of our success and what makes BlockFi special, and this person will play an instrumental role in driving the business strategy. The role reports to our VP of Talent Acquisition.
- Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Develop innovative strategies to find, engage and hire top talent for our business verticals
- Full Lifecycle Recruiting
- “Hands-on” full-cycle recruitment from sourcing through applicant closure and pre-hire onboarding processes
- Build a deep talent pipeline by sourcing passive & active candidates to meet the hiring goals of our business verticals
- Act as a talent partner to hiring managers to devise recruitment strategies and outline the interview process, communicating regular status updates to hiring managers
- Act as primary point of contact for candidates in the interview process, working closely with recruiting coordinators to continuously deliver on a world class candidate experience
- Team Leadership and Culture
- Lead, motivate, and mentor a high-performing team, including recruiters and recruiting coordinators
- Be an ambassador for BlockFi’s culture and values both internally and externally: Individual Effort, Collective Success, Transparency Builds Trust, Pragmatic Pioneering, and Clients not Customers
- TA Analytics and Operations
- Responsible for TA metrics, team data integrity and utilizing data driven decisions
- Work closely with the existing team to understand and improve existing processes
- 6+ years of experience working as a full-cycle business recruiter, within a rapidly scaling environment. Startup or FinTech experience is a plus
- 2+ years of people management experience, leading teams of recruiters
- Previous recruiting experience for executive level roles with multiple business verticals
- Proven strategies to pitch a company’s business model and value proposition
- Experience of negotiating compensation packages that include options
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to build authentic relationships with transparency and accountability
- You are metrics-oriented, driven to succeed by measurable and achievable results Experience working with ATS & CRM functionalities, Greenhouse experience highly desirable
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive thinker who actively seeks solutions and process improvements
- Excited about BlockFi and what we’re building - familiarity with digital assets a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand