What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Capital Markets Counsel to join our growing team!
We are seeking a Capital Markets Counsel to join our expanding Legal & Compliance team. The role will work with the business and both internal and external counsel to advise on, draft, review and negotiate documentation for all institutional transactional matters for BlockFi as well as advise on general capital markets matters. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in equity capital markets and/or debt capital markets with a deep knowledge of related securities laws and reporting requirements.
As part of a fast growing and increasingly global company, the Capital Markets Counsel will have exposure to a wide array of interesting and unique situations and will have exposure to clients from around the world.
- 7+ years at a major law firm or in-house legal department
- Knowledgeable US securities lawyer ideally with both DCM and ECM experience
- Understanding of related SEC reporting requirements
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of commercial contracts
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) and active law license in at least one U.S. state in good standing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand