What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Product team!
About the Team
Our Product Design team works in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with product management, engineering, and research teams to create intuitive, feature-rich experiences for diverse audiences. They advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, and awareness at scale.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will drive design from early-stage feature discovery through usability testing, final delivery, launch, and full-stage life cycle of improving the product experience. Comfortability with an agile, sprint-based workflow, and a passion for working with product teams to develop use-cases and high-level requirements will be required.
- Utilize user-centered research methodologies to define and visualize product-related hypotheses and recommendations.
- Leverage research findings to identify actionable values, and use them to inform design decisions.
- Facilitate workshops, broad stakeholder ideation, build shared understanding and consensus, and help develop use cases and high-level requirements.
- Produce storyboards, user flows, journey maps, and wireframes that effectively communicate detailed user actions.
- Participate in usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements.
- Prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and user requirements.
- Deliver meticulous, high-fidelity production design deliverables to engineering teams, and contribute to a component-based design system.
- 7+ years of experience as a user-experience designer working in FinTech, or a consumer-focused technology.
- Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong UX and UI design solutions to real-world business cases.
- Mastery of best-practices for user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to break down complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Passionate about opportunities to constantly improve user experiences, and aptitude for big thinking.
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced, occasionally ambiguous working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand