What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Our Growth Technology team works cross functionally with Growth Acquisition and Engagement, Product Marketing, Design, & Analytics to create highly effective user experiences, from intent creation to product adoption and long term retention. Our team grows BlockFi’s audience by obsessively analyzing customer data and feedback to ensure we continuously prioritize the voice of the customer and deliver the right value proposition. Engineers at BlockFi are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle some of the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena.
Partner with your fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analytics teams to build a world class platform that powers offsite marketing and onsite experimentation and personalization capabilities. As part of the Growth Technology team, you will:
- Build, test, and deploy site experiments using Python, React and marketing technologies & tools
- Work cross functionally with Growth, Product Marketing, Analytics, Design and Product Management to derive data-driven solutions for site experimentation and prioritization
- Promote scalability and reliability across all aspects of our systems by advocating for continuous improvement of code standards and testing; using ExUnit to write high-value automated tests.
- Independently execute on your deliverables with accountability, proactively identifying and escalating blockers
- Learn from and guide your teammates in your areas of expertise, while in turn learning from them in theirs
- You have 3+ years of experience as a full stack engineer with TDD utilizing modern web technologies (Reactjs, Python, Typescript, GraphQL)
- You have experience with headless CMS, ideally Contentful
- You have experience designing and/or implementing REST APIs
- Desire to working with cutting-edge marketing analytics, audience management, & site experimentation platforms
- You have previous experience building and deploying applications
- You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products
- You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- You have experience profiling and optimizing the performance of the code you write
- You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication and conveyance of ideas or opinions
- You're able to build relationships across departments and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand