What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Security Analyst to join our growing team!
About the Team:
At BlockFi, our Security Team works across the entire spectrum of technologies and products that power our business, protecting over $3B in value.
This role is full-time remote, even after COVID. This role will be focused on in-house security initiatives and charged with executing the day-to-day security operations and incident response functions. The Security Team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right tools built by passionate and energetic people.
About the Role:
As a senior security analyst you’ll be a part of a globally distributed team, instrumental in maintaining a pre-emptive and proactive cyber defense. You will be exposed to a wide range of security technologies protecting endpoint infrastructure, modern cloud-based containerized applications, and Web applications/API’s. In addition to helping identify sophisticated threat actors through proactive security monitoring this position will also contribute to the development of automated security detection and response playbooks.
- Proven, hands-on technical experience working in security operations, incident response, and/or threat intelligence functions at high-growth companies is critical.
- History of increasingly technical roles responsible for responding to risk and threats as they are identified
- Conduct security monitoring to identify, contain, and eradicate security related issues identified by security controls or users within the organization.
- Proactively threat hunt and investigate against potential malicious, suspicious and anomalous activity.
- Perform incident triage to identify and mitigate impact against organization
- Track and report on-going incidents and events using ticket management and case management system
- Leverage IOC’s to identify persistent threats against organization
- Engage in project and development activities to ensure Information Security risks are identified and are being addressed, Input security monitoring requirements to enhance our ability in detecting malicious activity,.
- Make recommendations for mitigating and remediation threats
- Evaluate products and procedures to enhance effectiveness of SecOps
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies, financial services, or blockchain technology are a plus - if you don’t have this, don’t worry, we can teach you if you’re willing to learn
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience using and leveraging SIEM technology to identify threats
- Experience working with other teams to remediate issues and threats in real-time
- Experience developing SecOps processes and procedures, automating manual processes/tasks.
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure, implementation of security projects, and security engineering best practices as well as industry standards such as ISO and NIST
- Experience leading technical decisions and understanding their impact on users - both internal and external
- The ability to perform analysis of log files from multiple different devices and environments, and identify indicators of security threats. Strong understanding of analyzing web, database, operating system and security logs
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and work independently
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals, including peers in non-technical departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate technical knowledge to non-technical audience; production of policy/standards/project documentation.
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Bias towards action and own tasks end-to-end
- Work through hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful and analytical - ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Own the company’s problems like they are your own
- Obsessive drive and passion for security and building products people use
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand