What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Program Management, Institutional Services to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We are looking for a Director of Program Management, Institutions to play a key role in building out the products, infrastructure, and process and help drive delivery and initiatives that power our business. You’ll join our Institutional team, which provides bespoke financing solutions that allow clients access to a variety of cryptocurrencies for executing trading strategies and hedging their positions, amongst other opportunities.
The Director of Program Management is a varied and fast-paced role offering every opportunity to demonstrate your institutional services expertise, communication skills, and pragmatic PM talents. If you’re excited to join a highly innovative and motivated team working to bridge the gap between new tech and institutional finance, we’d love to hear from you!
We want to work with people who are humble enough to recognize they don’t know everything and curious enough to ask questions. People who like to get things done and have a talent to unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way but aren’t afraid to push back. Some of the specific characteristics we look for include:
- A people-first approach to leadership
- A strong technical background
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to build relationships
- Acumen toward collaboration and coordination between groups
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in leading and managing projects
- Understand requirements and track them through delivery, including support to product managers as needed with backlog maintenance
- Identify, plan, and communicate project risks and roadblocks to the product management team
- Monitor and provide hands-on recording, tracking, and reporting for meetings, project activities, and action items
- Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Establish relationships across application development, solution architecture, and business stakeholder teams
- Ability to influence technical discussions / designs / architectures
- Drive continuous improvement throughout project management processes, feeding ideas, recommendation of tools used & updating processes where needed
- Implementation and improvements of processes
- Vendor management
- Reporting on metrics around delivery and post launch
- 10+ years of technical/non-technical project management experience
- PMP Certification or similar is advantageous
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Proficient with Atlassian suite (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
- Able to work independently while maintaining transparency and collaboration with a larger team
- Maintain composure and tact under pressure
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple priorities across multiple teams that are geographically dispersed
- Able to drive cross functional and interdepartmental priorities and projects
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand