What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Operation Risk Management to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team as a Director of Operational Risk Management. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Operational Risk and drive change through a risk based approach to produce materials, facilitate meetings, own and manage projects, developing process for monitoring and execution of controls inventory and testing that aligns with compliance frameworks and policies. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products and business lines and possess a strong background in audit, compliance risk management, governance, and operational risk management frameworks.
- Conduct multiple, complex, concurrent operational risk assessments
- Drive development of and maintaining issue management best practices within GRC tool, LogicGate
- Validate the adequacy and appropriateness of remediation or resolution plans to address any regulatory and/or risk recommendations
- Assists in operating process and internal control improvement initiatives
- Develops and provides reporting to various levels of management on operational risks/issues identified within the business line to help identify risk trends and improve risk management
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies
- Implementing additional governance over events and incidents providing risk challenge of the remediation efforts
- Draft end-to-end process flow diagrams capturing operating procedures for various activities, noting key controls governing specific process steps and registering in the GRC support tool
- Monitor compliance with risk management frameworks and policies
- Develop and maintain relationships with heads/managers of business lines and functions as part of the continuous risk monitoring activities
- Assist with Ad hoc projects as necessary to strengthen the Risk culture and help to mature the various Risk programs across the business
- Bachelor's degree in applicable and related field (Accounting, Finance), Masters strongly preferred
- At least eight to ten years of experience in an audit or risk management function and CIA/IAP/QIAL certifications with leadership experience
- Solid understanding of compliance risk management, governance, and risk management concepts and related regulatory expectations including AML/KYC/BSA
- Awareness of technology audit and controls and related certification (CISSP or similar) a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other departments and adapt to new situations and approaches
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with G-Suite applications and LogicGate preferred
- Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
- Experience in Banking Audit and/ or Risk Management improvement or remediation projects, experience / interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain a strong plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand