What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Compensation & Benefits to join our growing team!
- Design, manage and administer compensation programs that support BlockFi’s global business needs, including base salary, incentive bonuses, and options
- Partner with business groups to address compensation program needs, with close partnership across each group on complex or varied compensation structures
- Evaluate competitive practices and positioning relative to the market and make recommendations to ensure our compensation and benefits plans are attractive and support BlockFi as we scale
- Develop and manage sources of market information, including surveys, professional associations and networking opportunities
- Manage compensation cycles including annual base salary, promotion, bonus and equity review cycles
- Collaborate with members of the People team to identify and develop compensation planning guidelines, and create manager training and employee communications associated with compensation cycles
- Enhance manager compensation acumen through the development of compensation guidelines and manager training, ensuring managers have the tools and knowledge necessary to make optimal compensation decisions
- Ensure employees understand and have access to information on our compensation and benefit programs and how those programs contribute to BlockFi’s employee value proposition
- Audit compensation programs to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations including but not limited to pay equity and FLSA on a global scale
- Research, analyze, and recommend benefits programs that support the needs of BlockFi’s diverse employee population
- Identify and manage working relationships with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants, ensuring quality delivery
- Oversee the management of BlockFi’s 401(k) plan including plan design, record-keeping and compliance
- Manage time-off guidelines and policies including PTO, FMLA, family leave and holiday policies; working cross-functionally to ensure policies are documented, communicated and administered correctly
- Collaborate with the People Infrastructure & Experience teams on benefit plan changes that require changes to our TriNet benefits application and payroll deductions
- Participate in other cross-functional projects and initiatives, as needed
- Build and run a high performing compensation and benefits team
- BA/BS in HR or business related field
- Masters or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years experience managing a compensation and benefits function, preferably in high-growth organizations
- Proven track record of developing compensation and benefits programs and effective processes that support organization culture, values and business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment that is dynamic and subject to rapid change
- Experience managing external service providers including consulting relationships, benefit plan providers and administrative service contracts
- Strong project management and prioritization skills that enable effective management of multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the strong executive presence and ability to communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Ability to build strong business partnerships and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Expertise in defining, stating expectations, and objectives by working collaboratively with team members to complete all related follow up and improvement measures
- Create problem solver with a bias to action and a mind set that no job is too big or too small to be done the right way
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand