What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
About Your Team
We’re looking for an Institutional Sales Manager, Corporate & Insurance Coverage to focus on coverage of corporate treasuries and insurance companies to help us launch into our next phase of growth. You’ll join our Institutional team and support our relationship management efforts, developing deep and fruitful connections with institutional partners.
If you’re excited to join a highly innovative and motivated team working to bridge the gap between new tech and institutional finance, we’d love to hear from you.
- Significantly grow our Institutional Revenue
- Originate new institutional clients with a focus on corporate treasuries, tech companies and major insurance companies; both public and private companies
- Manage Institutional Relationships
- Understand the challenges of our institutional clients and assess the activities of our competitors to proactively satisfy and retain our clients
- 5-10 years of experience in a sales origination role, preferably in corporate coverage, tech banking, middle market banking or insurance coverage
- Large network of corporate treasury and insurance company contacts with a record of long-lasting and productive relationships
- Experience with structured lending, margin lending, derivatives, and swaps products a plus
- Proven ability to manage the complete sales process from prospecting to closing with an ownership mentality
- Interest in crypto currencies and enthusiasm about BlockFi’s products and business model
- Ability to represent the company’s culture and values to our institutional counterparties
- Inclusive team player attitude
- Start-up mindset
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days or Flexible PTO & sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand