What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Manager of Credit Portfolio Management to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We’re looking for a Manager of Credit Portfolio Management with a background in financial analysis and portfolio monitoring in the Institutional Services Credit & Structuring team. The candidate will work with both the counterparty risk and credit lending teams.
- Ongoing monitoring of client credit exposures and NAV triggers/other covenant breaches. Escalate limit exceptions/covenant breaches and make recommendations for exposure reduction or limit increase.
- Ongoing monitoring of clients’ periodic financial reportings and ensuring we have up-to-date financials in our system.
- Support credit risk analysis of institutional counterparties and loan obligors.
- Attend client due diligence meetings and prepare call reports/write-ups.
- 3+ years in credit risk management, underwriting or surveillance in banking or asset management.
- College degree in finance or a relevant quantitative field such as math, computer science, or engineering. Certifications such as CFA, CPA, CAIA are a plus.
- Experience with hedge funds and proprietary trading firms is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace is required. Experience with SQL and/or Python is a must.
- Prior experience and/or interest in cryptocurrencies is a plus but not required.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand