What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director, Client Fraud & Risk - Business Operations to join our growing team!
About Your Team
At BlockFi, our Security Team works across the entire spectrum of technologies and products that power our business, protecting over $10B in value. We are building our client facing Fraud & Risk program, including the team, tools and procedures, capable of supporting our business lines and product offerings, with the goal of protecting our clients across all of their interactions with BlockFi.
This role can be full-time remote, even after COVID. Our team is largely remote, working across time zones and prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right capabilities, tools and processes built by passionate and energetic professionals as we work to scale our business globally.
About the Role:
As the Director of Client Fraud & Risk, Business Operations, you will report to the VP of Client Fraud & Risk. You will define, structure and manage the core programs, initiatives and processes across the Client Fraud & Risk function. This role will lead engagement and partnership with our lines of business, senior management, and key organizational partners including Operations, Client Service, Legal, Compliance, Product and Technology. This person will structure and drive the governance and oversight of our fraud management program and manage the day-to-day operational activities of the Client Fraud & Risk team to provide visibility, engagement and leadership to drive value for our clients and our business.
- Create and maintain the team’s core operating processes and procedures, including status and tracking across key programs and initiatives, and strategic planning and prioritization across our functional areas
- Maintain and enhance the governance and oversight function of our fraud management practice, including key routines for stakeholder management and communication to provide ongoing visibility into the financial and business impact of fraud controls on customer experience, fraud losses, and operational costs
- Define and monitor key strategic and operational metrics for the Client Fraud & Risk program to monitor risk levels and program performance, and drive execution to continually prioritize and deliver on our metrics goals and targets
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to the team and key organizational partners, to drive productivity and efficacy in our day-to-day operations, monitor existing programs and processes, and prioritize program enhancements and resource allocation
- Partner with business stakeholders to truly understand what and how the company runs and proactively identify areas of fraud and risk exposure, identify opportunities where fraud and risk tools and processes can enable our business partners objectives, improve our clients’ trust and safety, minimize our business risk, and drive business value and efficiency
- Liaise and partner with key crypto, fintech and broader financial industry fraud and security collaboration forums, to drive collaboration, standards and best practices that deliver ongoing improvement in our internal practices, and to facilitate BlockFi’s participation as an industry leader
- Extensive and demonstrated experience with leading and building fraud policy, governance and management programs and processes across the fraud risk management lifecycle
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with large and diverse group dynamics, and the ability to explain complex fraud issues in simple and clear ways
- Successful track record of engaging and building trust with senior stakeholders and partners
- Highly organized and process driven, with a focus on operational excellence and building organizations for efficiency and scalability
- Passion and drive to fight fraud and protect clients, the business and the ecosystem, from criminal activity
- Deep domain expertise in the fraud domain, with extensive knowledge of identity and payment fraud methods, and tools and processes for prevention, detection and fraud operations.
- Strong cross-functional leader with ability to drive results with partners across the organization
- Expertise in driving operational efficiencies and scale through process improvements, automation, and staff development
- Strong record of effective people management practices and building high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership including outstanding interpersonal skills, communication, team building/development, and integrity
- Be a “doer” that can “get things done” and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand