What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Enterprise Credit Risk Manager to join our growing team!
About the Team and Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Credit Risk team in New York. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Credit Risk and be accountable for refining and enforcing the credit risk exposure framework for global lending and structured finance activities. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's business lines and operating model.
- Apply a risk framework and policy aligned to risk appetite for single-name and portfolio credit exposure limits for a wide range of trading counterparties including proprietary traders, hedge funds, custodians, exchanges, and crypto miners
- Contribute to ongoing working group discussions to review structured finance trades and new coin evaluations
- Support periodic credit risk evaluations of custodians and exchanges providing third-party services
- Assist in defining a framework to measure and evaluate consumer credit risk using credit score data, characteristic data such as geography, and regression modeling against macroeconomic data
- Assist Enterprise Risk in the identification and assessment of credit risks, including the effects of credit enhancements and other controls and mitigants
- Report key risk indicators, performance metrics, analyses and other results to stakeholders and leadership on a regular cadence, demonstrating judgment in escalating to senior management when appropriate
- Aggregate metrics and findings, and synthesize key themes for risk management reporting
- Develop effective relationships across a range of front- and middle-office functions to achieve mutual goals
- University Degree in an engineering or humanities discipline. MBA preferred
- Certifications such as FRM, PRM or CFA are a plus
- 4+ years of experience in credit risk management, risk management framework design, or wholesale credit underwriting. Experience supporting capital markets businesses preferred
- Experience with integrating credit risk findings into capital adequacy, financial planning, or risk appetite statements a plus
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop partnering relationships with the business while remaining willing to challenge if needed
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, and LogicGate applications preferred
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand