What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our growing team!
About the Role
We’re looking for a HR Business Partner to join our People Team and will support the day-to-day needs of our organization. As an HR Business Partner, you will impact the growth of our business utilizing your expertise within talent management strategy, performance management, career development, employee relations, and workforce planning.
You will be a great fit for this role if you’re passionate about centering diversity, equity, and inclusion in every layer of the work of a People team, love to think holistically about employee experience, and believe that people are at the core of a company’s success.
- Partner and coach first line through VP level management to develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process and culture across the division
- Deep entrenchment with all client groups across the organization which includes comprehensive business literacy and understands all the specific details and nuances of the organizations
- Facilitates development of the client group’s integrated people plan and ensures alignment with the strategic plans of the organization
- Develops detailed work force plans and forecasts that build for 3 to 6 months forward
- Creates and executes organizational design and related principles that create departments and workflows for efficiency and effectiveness
- Creating and executing detailed communication plans that create trust through transparency
- Owns all employee relations issues in assigned client groups.
- Advise and ensure positive focus on behavior as well as functional performance management.
- Advises leaders on the implications of short and long-term decisions, strategies, and large-scale change efforts that will yield sustainable business results
- Provides highly experienced vision and input on business restructures, workforce planning and employee talent management and development
- Successfully and proactively shepherds the organization though its annual cycles such as merit, annual and mid-year review, calibration and attainment; this includes the execution of all company-wide People programs and practices
- Develops and implements People programs and tools in partnership with business leaders and SVP of People to build and enhance organizational capability and add value to the business
- Strategic analysis and trend examination annually to ensure that the organizational framework delivers the most benefits to the business, including annual reviews and adjustments to the organizational design
- Counsel, coach, and drive leaders/managers on talent issues including performance management, high potential employee identification, and poor performer reduction
- Provides best practice business partner consulting to all levels of organization within the aligned client groups
- Conceptualizes, develops and delivers content for training and development at both the individual and Manager level
- 8+ years of HR experience with at least 5 years as a Business Partner required; mature later-stage company experience, preferred
- Particular emphasis on client group experience with Engineering and Product
- Superior business communication skills with ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees, particularly at the leadership level
- Strong competency within the HR function: succession planning, org. design, coaching, recognition programs, talent management, communications, and change management
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Creative, proactive thinker who loves to learn, actively seeks solutions, and identifies process improvements
- Experience managing others, taking pride in supporting teammates while developing their careers
- Employee Relations experience that is objective, thorough, diplomatic, and discreet
- Comprehensive understanding of terminations, investigations and reductions in force
- Extensive experience in compensation, specifically relating to career ladders, promotions, benchmarking and company-wide leveling
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand