BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
This role will report directly to our Managing Director, Institutional Services (UK), and will work closely with our technology team to develop models, trade capture and risk management systems and connectivity to crypto-currency market makers and exchanges.
- Research and implement delta one / funding strategies (hedging firm’s central risk book, integration with customer trading flow)
- Analyze performance of borrowing and lending operation and issue recommendations for business adjustments and development
- Model yield curves using observable prices (futures for example)
- Manage customer trading flow
- This candidate will have worked previously with trading desks to develop, risk manage and extend delta-one / funding strategies;
- Strong understanding of futures and options, including their valuation, hedging, and contract specifications on various exchanges.
- Risk management mindset
- Knows major liquidity providers
- Proven track record of developing
- Strong financial skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The position requires both attention to details and the ability to see the “big picture” of the trading and risk management operation
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand