BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
- Assist with financial close process
- Prepare and maintain prepaid, accrual, and amortization schedules
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results
- Manage and process A/P for the company, as well as maintain regular payment cycles
- Prepare bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of processes and controls
- Assist in implementation of ERP
- Work and interface with external accounting firm on annual tax return and audit
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience, ideally with 2 years’ experience in public accounting
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter
- Detailed oriented
- Experience with Quickbooks, Sage Intacct, or other cloud-based ERP system preferable
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.