We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive operational risk expert to join the BlockFi Enterprise Risk team. In this role, you will liaise directly with BlockFi's business unit and infrastructure function heads, and play an influential role in building out and refining the operational risk management capability. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products and the rules and regulations under which BlockFi operates.
- Develop methodologies and frameworks to consistently identify, assess, manage and report operational risk exposures, events, controls and mitigants across multiple business lines and infrastructure functions
- Efficiently engage with senior management on a range of operational risk identification, analysis and remediation efforts
- Continually refine Key Risk and Key Performance Indicators to monitor and control existing and emerging risks
- Ensure operational risk management capability meets regulatory requirements and expectations
- Aggregate findings and synthesize key imperatives and themes for management reporting
- Write and maintain frameworks, policies and procedure documentation related to the operational risk function
- 3-4 years of experience in an operational risk role in a capital markets institution. Prime brokerage / prime services experience preferred
- At least intermediate depth of content knowledge across all types of operational risk facing capital markets trading desks, including transaction processing, compliance, anti-financial crime, data privacy, data governance, recordkeeping, HR, Finance, IT and physical risks.
- Experience with audit and/or regulatory examination processes; CCAR / DFAST experience a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced trading floor culture
- Balanced ability to work in both transformational and BAU modes
- Experience managing projects and processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to spot issues and escalate accordingly
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better.