BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join our team, working cross-functionally across marketing, business development, and finance teams. Our ambitious product roadmap and increased focus on marketing mean that there's tons of exciting work to do in this space.
- Work as our lead Data Strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets
- Act as team lead for all growth analytics and reporting
- As point person for the growth team, work directly with the heads of the marketing and business development to identify and execute analytical experiments to produce meaningful insights about customer base, promotional offers, retention and attrition, etc
- Use insights from data analysis to identify new opportunities for user base growth and retention
- Produce lookback reports on all major campaigns and promotions
- Mine, interpret, and clean our data and collect large datasets and variables
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with engineers
- Communicate findings and solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Provide guidance to the organization surrounding how current processes, and changes to those processes will effect Reporting/Data Science in the short term, and long term
- Have an eye for detail and ensure all work has appropriate checks / controls in place to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our reports
- Be a self starter that finds opportunities for development and can deliver solutions with minimal oversight
- Recognize that no job is too small and egos must not delay deliverables
- Display intellectual curiosity and seek opportunities for personal and professional improvement
- 4-6 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or a related discipline
- Expert SQL knowledge (Subqueries, CTEs, Window Functions)
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with programming languages (Python, R)
- Experience with consuming and manipulating data from Relational Databases and Data Warehouses
- Proficiency with data manipulation, data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Predictive Modeling, Trend Analysis, Forecasting, and Advanced pattern recognition experience
- Experience working with marketing, sales and business development teams structuring pricing strategies based on customer segmentation and conversion performance
- Experience and/or comfort working in a dynamic, startup environment, with several ongoing projects
- Direct experience using the above skills with a focus on “Marketing Data” is a must
- Master’s degree in data science, stats, applied math, or related discipline
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Redshift) is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team consists of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better.