We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team as an analyst. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Risk and assist in producing materials, facilitating meetings, managing projects and processes, and monitoring compliance with frameworks and policies. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products and business lines.
- Prepare materials for risk workshops and governance forums, take minutes, and follow up on action items
- Support project management activities on various transformation programs across the broader Risk function
- Support the ongoing maintenance of artifacts produced by the ERM team, such as a risk taxonomy, risk management frameworks, and risk assessment support tools
- Support risk inventory development and maintenance activities
- Draft end-to-end process flow diagrams capturing operating procedures for various activities, noting key controls governing specific process steps
- Monitor compliance with risk management frameworks and policies
- Produce ongoing risk reporting and evaluate against defined limits
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive institution (will consider either humanities or engineering backgrounds)
- Project management experience; PMP certification preferred; Big 4 or other management consulting experience preferred
- Capital markets experience preferred, either in a practitioner or consulting role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office or G-Suite applications
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with quantitative data, produce visualizations, and draw actionable insights
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.